Sunday, 1 December 2013

Top 6 // TV Shows I'm Currently Watching

Hey guys, I hope that you are all well. Yesterday I decided that my blog I to ‘reviewish’ and personally that was not the angle that I wanted it to take although I love trying out new things. So I am now going to be easing myself into posts that will be fun for me to make because they are about me but I hope that they are also types of posts that you will enjoy to read.

After stumbling onto Felicity’s blog (Pursuit of Felicity) I became obsessed with reading her posts. She seems like the loveliest person ever and her thoughts are so original and very fun to read. I liked the idea of the ‘Top 5: TV Shows I’m Currently Watching’ post she did recently so I thought that I would do it on my blog for you guys but I would do it with six shows because I couldn’t narrow it down any further! Enough of the rambling now, let’s get a move on!

In no particular order… my six favourite shows of the moment are:

The Carrie Diaries

The_Carrie_Diaries_TV_Series-233306192-large
This is an adaptation from the book the Carrie Diaries. I actually read it before watching the show which I like doing with most of my favourites. This is a very interesting show based on Carrie who is torn between chasing her dreams and love. It is set in around the 1960 period so it is very vintage in a way. You really get to see the thinking of the time clearly and what it was like to live in that time. Carrie and her friends are also very relatable and you can see that the struggles they go through are very similar to the struggles that many go through nowadays.

Pretty Little Liars

Pretty-Little-Liars-at-Chairs
Again, I also read the books first for this series. I love the idea of this programme; it is so original. That’s why I love adaptations. They always are. This show is basically about a group of friends who lose their friend Ali but they don’t know how. Soon after they are contacted by a mysterious ‘A’ repeatedly with numerous threats and blackmails. I really enjoy this plot as it isn’t something that you would invent out of the blue naturally. It is clear that it took the writer a while to think of it and it is very, very addictive. You need to watch all of the four and a half series’!

The Vampire Diaries

The-Vampire-Diaries-the-vampire-diaries-35000387-1920-1200
Surprise, surprise. I read the book first before watching this series. You probably live under a rock if you don’t know what The Vampire Diaries is. For those of you who do live under a rock, it revolves around two vampire brothers (Damon and Stefan) and a human girl Elena as well as a few witches, werewolves, doppelgangers and hybrids to name a few. This series is also very gripping and it will leave you wanting to see more every time.

Ravenswood

Ravenswood_2013-08-28_00-30
This is basically the side show to Pretty Little Liars. It follows Caleb (Hanna’s boyfriend) to the side town of creepy Ravenswood with a girl that he would like to help that he found on a coach. When he sees himself on a grave he comes to know that he needs to stay in Ravenswood more than he thought he did. Soon after learns that he has become a part of a scary supernatural cycle that involves five teenagers dying. This is a very gripping show and I can’t wait for the next episode!

The Originals

THE CW UPFRONTS 2013
I have become OBSESSED with this show. As much as I love the Vampire Diaries I think that this side show is probably even better than it. This show revolves around the original vampires who have many problems; Klaus is having a child, New Orleans is being fought for by two extreme sides and witches are worrying about stopping the new child from being born instead of sorting their own many problems out. Apart from this there are many intertwined topics going around. Trust me, I don’t want to give out any spoilers but you will love it!

I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!

imacelebrity_logo
I don’t know about you guys but I love these sort of celebrity competition shows as I just find them so entertaining to watch everyday. I love finding out more about celebrity’s that I would normally see all glamorous and edited elsewhere and just knowing that they are normal people like me. This year I have been loving watching Joey Essex on the show. He is so funny and totally oblivious to it. I also love watching all of the Bushtucker trials - even though they might be the definition of gross sometimes.

What are your favourite TV shows?

jj_thumb[1]

‘Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.’ - Albert Einstein

12 comments:

  1. I really loved the color ,, the combo is just perfect!!!
    its really looking amazing~!~!~!

    similar stuffs~!~!~!@
    http://www.jollychic.com/?a_aid=SIRIUSIT


    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/2013/12/untitled-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a post. Love those shows. :)

    Keep in touch,
    J
    www.jonnessa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea for a post! I've never seen The Carrie Diaries. I'll have to check it out!

    http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it is really good!:)x

      Delete
  5. Great list! SO addicted to The Originals right now. Joseph Morgans plays the character Klaus so well.

    xx
    www.jasrinaprisca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know right! I love Klaus!!xx

      Delete
  6. Incredible list of shows! These are literally all the shows I can't get enough of.

    http://bluegem14.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good! I can't either but I'm sad now that they are on their mid-season breaks!x

      Delete
  7. Pretty little liars & Ravenswood! Love them, can't wait for the new season

    Little giveaway@The Mind of an exchange

    ReplyDelete