Saturday, 30 November 2013

Review // Maybelline Instant Rewind Anti-Ageing Foundation

Hey guys! Today I will be reviewing the Maybelline Instant Rewind Anti-Ageing Foundation*. I have to say that it is now one of my favourite foundations from the drugstore and it has probably even exceeded the love that I have for my No 7 Stay Perfect Foundation which I have been using for a very long time.

IMG_0424IMG_1185

I actually have been wearing this foundation to school recently and I must say that it is very natural and therefore appropriate. This foundation gives you a very dewy finish and has small pieces of ‘light-diffusing micro pearls’ (AKA glitter) in it which give a very radiant glow to your complexion. It is anti-aging but I am not entirely sure if that works as I am in my teens – not quite at the wrinkle stage yet.

j

After a whole day of school I found that it was in better condition than the Stay Perfect which usually wears away around my nose area and becomes oily as I do have oily skin. This foundation had lasted very well (I do pair it with the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder) and only gives a slight shine to my t-zone, a bearable factor for me considering my skin type. However, as it has a dewy finish I feel as though it accentuates my spots and blemishes which is not what I personally aim for.

IMG_0427

The packaging of this foundation is very practical but it isn’t as aesthetically pleasing for me as I would like for it to be. Then again they are only £3.99 HERE so you can’t ask for much, can you?

Overall, I am very surprised by this foundation. It is a total bargain and it works amazingly. I wholly recommend it to those of you guys who have dry-normal-combination skin. Sorry, to the oily skinned gyals but in my opinion there are tonnes better foundations out there at the moment!

What do you think of this foundation?

jj_thumb[1]

To have much learning, to be skilful in handicraft, well-trained in discipline, and to be of good speech -- this is the greatest blessing.

8 comments: