Monday, 16 September 2013

A Look Book A Fortnight #1 // Autumn & Fall

Hey guys! I am so happy to say that today is the first ‘A Look Book A Fortnight’ post. I would just like to get apologies out of the way as I couldn’t take part in this look book unfortunately. I was looking forward so much to participating in this but every thing that could go wrong did. I am so sorry and I hope that I can sort every thing out for the next look book so that I can take part. Fingers crossed!

description-of-autumn

The theme for this look book is ‘Autumn & Fall’ because it is fast approaching and I wanted to give you guys along with myself a few good ideas to dress myself up in this season. I love this season, even though I hate the cold, as I think that it is simply beautiful. The colours that generally flash to my mind when I think of this season are orange, gold and red. I guess that I am thinking of the colour of the Autumn leaves and you have to agree that the most breath taking view in this season is watching the leaves float off of of the trees and gather on the ground.

For makeup, I tend to go with heavier coverage foundations, more smoky eyes, and even some eye liner if I am feeling up to it as I know that by the end of the day my face will not be dripping with remains of makeup as it  can do in summer. So in general Autumn is a good time for makeup with me. Generally with clothes, I tend to go with cosier and darker colours. I love boots and Uggs in the Autumn as they add to the cosiness of it. FInally, as I love wearing dark nails all year around, I will do tend to stick with them but I will add the occasional true red here and there.

I am very proud to say that the first look for this season is by Bunny from Visual Candy Inc. She is so talented and I love reading her blog!

Autunm make up look

‘The make up look I created for the Autumn themed month is very bold, fall reminds me of loads of rich browns and reds so I tried to translate that in to my make up.
I used the shade “falling” from the VIVO colour block palette all over my lid and blended it out along with a deeper red in my crease to give a nice transition. I used a black shadow from Bobbie Brown to intensify the look and to make it a little smoky by putting it on my lash line and also on the outer corner of my eye. I did the same steps on my lower lash to really make my brown eyes stand out. I finished the look off with a bold deep red lip which is from Clinique.’ – Bunny

The second look is from the beautiful Shehrzad from Pretty Peachy and Pink.

21

‘Autumn marks the arrival of winters and more outdoor activity in my country. I love the yellow leaves and the red hues on plants and trees so I have chosen these two colours to represent my look. Also fall is the end of summer,blazing sun becomes milder so the combination of yellow and orange also signify a sunset and the end of a season.
As the season is milder, red lips look very sensational so I have paired the look with red lips.Hope you all like it, and love the dried leaf ear ring ^_^’ –
Shehrzad

The next look was done by Elizabeth from Elizabeth: Beauty & Beyond. I love this look for fall as it is really casual and cosy!

1

‘For the Fall I like to keep my eyes very warm and neutral. I used the NYX Love in Paris Shadow Palette in Let Them Eat Cake. For my lips and cheeks I like to use colors a bit darker like plums. On my lips I have the Rimmel London Show Off Lip Lacquer in 301 Galaxy and Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in 50 Plum Wine on my cheeks.’ – Elizabeth

Outfit Details

Top: Forever 21
Leggings: Forever 21
Boots: sodashoes.com
Hat: Charlotte Russe

Next up, we have a full look from the beautiful Deja from Dejazu. She’s taking a break from blogging right now, which I am super sad about but at then end of the day that’s her choice and if she’s not feeling up to it, it has nothing to do with anybody, right? However, she does have some amazing posts that you can look through HERE.

12

‘I would describe my look as "me". Body shaping black dress with comfortable cardigan  and brown high heeled shoes I think are the easiest items to dress up. I rarely wear heels, but these are quite comfortable. For makeup I did golden-olive smoky eyes with my signature black winged liner. I really like purple-ish lippie, which makes me really excited about wearing more in the autumn. I accomplished this whole look in under 20 minutes (makeup and outfit), so it's appropriate when in hurry.’- Deja

Finally, even though I didn’t do a look for this theme I have done a FOTD in the past that I thought fits in very well with it. You can find all of the details on it HERE.

PicMonkey Collage

I hope you liked these looks because I know I did! Thank you to you guys who took part, it was really nice to get to know you on a personal level! The next look book will focus on the topic ‘Dark & Smoky’. If you would like to take part please comment below and let me know. I would urge you to only say that your taking part if you actually plan on doing so because there was a lot of confusion for the first look book. Anybody can join, I would love to see you all taking part in this in a two weeks!

Also, please note that the deadline is the 29th for this look book. If you plan on taking part, please note it down in a diary or on your phone. Finally, if you would like to know how to take part in the look book and what you could do for it please click HERE to read the introduction post.  Thank you for reading!

jj_thumb[1]

‘If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.’ - Nelson Mandela

15 comments:

  1. These looks are gorgeous! :D
    Lovely post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thankyou for your sweet words, i love yours and everyone elses looks, they look amazing, enjoyed participating in this :D xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yess, they're great, I'm glad you had fun too!xo

      Delete
  3. Thankyou so much ^_^ I see that only I went a little over board with colors :D.I wanted to have fun so I did this one.Thankyou once again.Looking forward to doing next look :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it looks amazing and I'm glad that there was a vibrant look for this:D And that's great!xo

      Delete
  4. Everybody did such a great job! :) I'm so sorry I couldn't manage it this time, but I'll try to make an early effort for the next lookbook! In any case, I'll let you know for sure! :) Much love. xoxo

    Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind and aww, I'd love to see you doing it and yess, please do!xo

      Delete
  5. Omg, this turned out better than I expected ;) so many beautiful looks! So many beautiful ladies. Need to check out all their blogs ;)
    Thank you for kind words and this amazing look book thingy ;)
    I will participate in next look book! Can't wait ;)
    Xoxo Deja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm glad you liked it! And haha, no problem, and that's great I look forward to seeing your next look!xo

      Delete
  6. OMG! this is awesome and really interesting.I loved the look from bunny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know and yeah, she looks beautiful!xo

      Delete
  7. Elizabeth's is my favourite. You can't beat a cosy jumper. I have one like that somewhere.
    Do you have twitter? I follow you on Bloglovin' and GFC and would like to follow you there too if you have it :)

    Helen
    teainthetub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete